Am I a Candidate for Skin Rejuvenation?
Even if you do your best to take care of your skin, you can still have unwanted blemishes, sun damage, and the appearance of aging. We all want good skin, but exposure to UV rays and many other factors can make it difficult.
The good news is you have alternative skin care options – namely, photo rejuvenation. Using laser technology, you can improve, rejuvenate and revitalize your skin.
Unfortunately, laser skin revitalization treatments are not for everyone. There are certain situations that may disqualify you as a candidate. There are also some skin conditions where you would be best served with other skin treatment options.
However, some candidates are better qualified for this type of treatment than others. But before we get into this, let’s take a look at the types of skin issues that are treated using laser skin rejuvenation services.
Common Skin Issues That Qualify for Skin Rejuvenation ServicesWhile we all want youthful and glowing skin, there are a number of skin issues that can significantly benefit from a skin rejuvenation treatment. Some of the most common skin issues include:
- Sun damage
- Pigmentation issues such as age spots and freckles
- Skin redness and rosacea
- Wrinkles and fine lines on the face
- Enlarged pores
So, are you a candidate? Let’s find out!
You may be an ideal candidate for photo rejuvenation if...You may be a candidate for skin revitalization treatments if you meet the following criteria:
- You have an uneven skin tone and want to improve it
- You want to reduce the appearance of acne scars or sun spots
- You have crow’s feet and wrinkles
- You want to reduce the effects of aging
- You are not happy with your skin’s appearance
- You have realistic expectations and are dedicated to following the treatment program
You may NOT be a candidate for photo rejuvenation if…Unfortunately, laser skin revitalization treatments are not for everyone. There are certain situations that may disqualify you as a candidate. There are also some skin conditions where you would be best served with other skin treatment options.
- You may NOT be an ideal candidate for laser skin revitalization treatments if:
- You have a darker skin tone
- You have very minor skin imperfections
- You scar easily or have extremely sensitive skin
- You have severe scarring or deep wrinkles
- You are sunburned on the treatment area
- You have severe acne or are taking certain types of acne medication
- You are pregnant
- You suffer from an immune system disorder (other medications and medical conditions may also impact your ability to receive treatment).